History and Father Julian’s Rooms
The History Room tells the story of the involvement of the Sisters of Saint Joseph in Tasmanian Catholic Education since 1887.
Both the community life of the sisters and school life are presented through a variety of exhibits which will take visitors back in time to the last half of the nineteenth century.
Father Julian’s room depicts the co-founder of the Sisters of Saint Joseph in his multi-gifted dimensions, as priest-missioner, educator, geologist, environmentalist, artist, poet and writer.
Selections of his illustrations and writings about the Tasmanian environment, its flora and fauna, are presented, as well as a selection of the books he authored. There is a lock of Father Julian’s hair on display. Some hand-writing from his time as a missioner in the Huon area has been preserved.